Congratulations, you have decided to participate in the Being Awesome Mental Health Project. Being Awesome allows participants to select an awesome activity like yoga, art, exercise, volunteering, or other healthy choices, and assess the immediate subsequent impact on mental health.
We hope you have a good experience, this is meant to act as a learning tool for people to understand how basic decisions can influence the way they feel. The study is not designed to be some grandiose causal claim, or a get rich scheme to improved mental health (it is free), but rather just an observation for the participants about how they feel.
This study is completely voluntary and open to all people who meet a few basic requirements:
- You are physically able to participate in your selected activity and consent a doctor would clear you for it
- You are 18 years of age or have parental permission
- You agree to adhere to all safety, legal, and other requirements and responsibility expected out of you while doing your activity
- You agree to the terms and conditions and informed consent to participate and waive all liability
- If you are suicidal or become suicidal you contact 911 immediately or call 1-800-273-8255
If you meet these requirements, you are in!
How does it Work?
Step 1 Take the Pre-Test (Click here). Be as open and honest about how you are feeling at the present. Feel free to make up a name or use your real name. After taking the pre-test you will be told to leave the test and move on to step 2.
Step 2 Go Be Awesome (Click here). For a minimum of 20 minutes (more if you like) go do something awesome. Including exercise, art, yoga, volunteering, showing gratitude, spending time in nature, having coffee with a friend, taking a technology diet, or other safe and positive activities. As long as you are participating in a healthy, legal, and safe activity and it meets the terms and conditions, GO BE AWESOME! Be safe and responsible while participating and have some fun!
Step 3 Take the Post-Test (Click here). After you complete your activity (as soon as possible), take the survey again (using the same alias the second time) and select “post-test.” Answer all the questions again, be as honest as possible about you feel currently after being awesome.
Step 4 Check the Results (Click here). Your results will be calculated and posted on